DON’T DO IT YOURSELF!
- Is your wiring more than 15 years old?
- Has it been longer than ten years since the wiring was checked?
- Has electrical work been carried out by amateurs and never checked?
- Do you have to use adaptors routinely to run your appliances
- Do your lights use the old, twisted type flex?
- Do you often have to use extension cables?
- Do you have round pin plugs and sockets?
- Do you use electrical equipment outdoors?
- Do your plugs or sockets get hot?
- Do your fuses blow regularly and for no obvious reason?
Each year, defective wiring or appliances cause over 12,500 fires in homes, resulting in 25 deaths and over 590 injuries. There are also over 500 injuries and 5 deaths caused by faulty electrical installations. Recent surveys show that over 2 million homes in the UK need some kind of electrical repair. Older houses are especially at risk. There are also 2,000 injuries and 30 deaths from electrocution in the home, many of which are due to DIY and amateur repairs. That’s why the Institution of Electrical Engineers recommends that home wiring installations are checked every 10 years.
All of our electricians are Part P Approved which is a legal requirement for all domestic electrical work. You also have the benefit that we are NICEIC approved CONTRACTORS, which will give you the peace of mind that you are employing a trustworthy and competent company.
During an outlet repair, our certified and licensed electricians will test your electrical system and look for clues as to why it might be malfunctioning. Then, he or she will repair the outlets and conduct another test to ensure your electrical system is fully functional.